The Common Ground Committee (CGC) values all our visitors’ and donors’ personal information and understands the need for security and trust surrounding such information. Your privacy is a priority to us.
Information Collection & Use
When using our site, you may voluntarily provide “personal information” that identifies you as an individual, including your name and contact information. In order to use certain features of CGC’s web and mobile properties you may be asked to register by creating a username, and/or password. We may use the personal information that you provide for our operational purposes, including the activities described below. You may, however, use many features of the Website without providing personal information.
When you choose to provide CGC with personal information, we may combine it with other information about you that we receive from third parties.
Online Donations or Ticket Sales
If you choose to make a donation through the website, or if you purchase tickets to CGC forum events, you will be directed to a third-party site such as Pay Pal, Stripe or Eventbrite. These sites have their own privacy policies which may be reviewed at their websites. We may receive information from these sites, including names and email addresses although we do not receive payment information other than the amount paid. We use this information to complete the transactions you request, including a letter showing that you made a donation or to hold tickets at a venue in your name. We may use this information to ask you to donate again to CGC or to notify you of upcoming events.
Occasionally, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site or through a third-party service provider. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. Other than as described in this policy, we will not share the personal information you provide through a survey with third parties unless we give you prior notice and a choice to opt out.
We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect data automatically about your use of our Website. We use this automatically-collected data for our operational purposes such as to administer and improve the site. We also use these technologies to personalize your experience with CGC and to provide functions such as storing your password or recording other preferences. The technologies that we use may include, for example:
- Log Files, which may collect information such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, geographic location, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
- Persistent and session cookies.
- Flash cookies(or local stored objects), which are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web beacons, which may be embedded in our Website or used in HTML-based emails and newsletters to help measure the effectiveness of our electronic communications. If you would prefer to receive newsletters that do not contain such technologies, you can request text-only newsletters.
Your browser may offer tools to reject or delete cookies. If you reject cookies on your browser, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site may be limited. Even if you set your browser to reject cookies, we may continue to collect data automatically through other technologies.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of that information.
Communications from the Website and Your Choices
Newsletters and Promotional Communications: We provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving newsletters and promotional email communications from us. If you no longer wish to receive electronic newsletters and/or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication. After you optout, we may continue to send messages related to your transactions or relationship with CGC, and we may also continue to send invitations to donate to CGC unless you opt out separately from donation invitations as described in the paragraph below.
Donations: CGC may use your email address to invite you to donate to us. If you prefer not to receive such correspondence, you can opt out by emailing email@example.com or calling 203-249-6935. Please note that opting out of donation emails will not affect other CGC mailings such as notices of upcoming events.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
At times, we share aggregated demographic information about our user base with selected third-party partners. We may also share de-identified information in our discretion. This aggregated or de-identified information does not identify individual users.
Non-Donor Personal Information
We may disclose non-donor personal information that we collect in the following ways:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, agents, or service providers that we use to support our business and provide our services, in which case we make reasonable efforts to ensure that they are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use or share it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As part of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of CGC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CGC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; for example, if you give us an email address to receive a subscription to the Christian Science Monitor, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to them to fulfil the request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- As required by law; when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, property, or safety of CGC, our customers or others; and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on CGC.
Subject to (i) our right to provide a donor’s email address as noted above, (ii) as required by law, (iii) as part of an acquisition, merger or other form of change of control of CGC, or (iv) with your consent, we will not provide, trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information to anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, unless we have the donor’s specific permission to do so.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by CGC. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
Correcting or Updating Personal Information
You may ask to correct, update or deactivate your personal information within our communications systems by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a donor and would like to correct, update, or deactivate your personal information in our donor database, please also contact us by emailing email@example.com
or calling 203-249-6935.
The security of your personal information is important to us. CGC uses commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information. For example, we may encrypt information using technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer technology (SSL).
Changes in this Privacy Statement